Everyone knows the value that pre-owned vehicles present, but not every customer here at Exclusive Motorcars MD knows exactly what to look for when googling “used car dealer near me” and shopping our sedan options. What does one look for in a pre-owned sedan? The following is a guide to help you navigate the many different makes and models of four-door cars.
Used Car Buying Checklist
The following are the features you should consider before being a pre-owned vehicle:
- The Odometer – Obviously the number of miles a vehicle has driven plays a huge role in its cost and functionality, but don’t shy away from a high-mileage model that’s been well-maintained.
- Sheet Metal – Do a quick walk-around of the vehicle’s exterior to make sure there are no dents, dings, or scratches. You also can check the lights to make sure they’re working as they should be. If you find anything wrong, our dealers will find a solution that works for you.
- Interior Quality – On the inside, check the seats for tears or rips, and fiddle with the instrument panel and dashboard to make sure everything works as expected.
- Tires – Buying a used model with bad tires could mean extra expense for you right out of the gate, so finding a vehicle with newer tires that have plenty of tread is a great bonus.
- Garage size – One thing you may want to do is test drive the vehicle to your home make sure it fits into your garage or parking space. Buying a model that’s too big or long for your space can create some big-time headaches.
- Inspections and vehicle history – You should know the accident history of your vehicle because that could impact its long-term reliability. Talk to your Exclusive Motorcars representative about our vehicle history reports.
As always, if you have any questions about a used model, speak to your Exclusive car dealer for help. We want to find you the perfect used sedan, and we hope these tips can help!