One of the best things about shopping for a vehicle here at Exclusive Motorcars is our many different makes and models of used SUVs, giving our customers near Baltimore, MD as many different options as possible. If you’ve been considering a used SUV for sale, we’ve put together this SUV shopping guide to help you out.
Types of SUVs
Most SUVs fall into one of the following four categories:
- Subcompact SUVs – These are the smallest crossover options and are built on platforms very similar to cars’. They are easy to park and drive and tend to be among the most affordable options. Examples include the Ford EcoSport, Hyundai Kona, and the Mazda CX-3.
- Compact SUVs – Still on the smaller side, these vehicles offer many of the same advantages as subcompact models but with a little extra cargo space. Some even sport off-road capabilities. Examples include the Nissan Rogue, Acura RDX, and the Toyota RAV4.
- Mid-size SUVs – Arguably the most popular segment of SUV, the mid-size SUV can come in two-row or three-row models with considerably more space, more off-road capabilities, larger towing capacity, and more power. Examples include the Honda Pilot, Lexus IS, and the Buick Enclave.
- Full-size SUVs – These are the biggest of the batch, which means they can stow the most passengers, haul the most cargo, and tow the largest trailers. Examples include the Chevy Suburban, Audi Q7, and the Cadillac Escalade.
What to Consider When Buying a Used SUV
What should you consider when buying a used SUV? The following are some of the most important features:
- Seating – How many passengers do you expect?
- Safety – What safety features do you value most in an SUV?
- Cargo – How much cargo do you typically transport?
- Drivetrain – Do you need all-wheel-drive or four-wheel-drive?
- Towing – Are you planning on using this vehicle to tow a boat or trailer?
As your Baltimore Chevrolet dealer, we offer plenty of great SUVs to consider across the board. Come visit us to find your best fit today!