When looking into buying a new vehicle, there are a thousand different decisions a customer must make in terms of choosing which model to purchase, and one of those decisions comes down to choosing between a sedan body style or a coupe body style. When it comes to vehicles like the 2015 Honda Accord Coupe or the similar Honda Accord sedan, there are benefits to each that could sway a Baltimore, MD driver in one direction or the other.
What’s the Difference Between Coupes and Sedans
In many ways, these two car body styles can share a lot in common, but there are a few key differences:
- Coupe: The term “coupe” was originally given to shorter carriages that made it easier for passengers to board, and today the coupe remains the shorter body type. Typically, coupes have two doors, and today’s coupes are known for looking a little sportier than their sedan siblings.
- Sedan: Also known as a “four-door” vehicle, a sedan has a longer body and more passenger space. It’s not that sedans can’t be sporty, but they are more utilitarian and as such are better suited for drivers with families.
Which One is Best for You?
There are a few features that differentiate the two types of vehicles. Which one you choose depends entirely on your needs.
- Performance: Coupes generally are sportier and zippier than sedans.
- Power: Sedans are bigger and can accommodate larger engines.
- Exterior Styling: Coupes are typically smaller and sleeker.
- Interior Comfort: Sedans have more legroom and headroom, making them the more comfortable option for people who aren’t driving.
- Cargo Space: Sedans are larger and longer, which means more storage space across the board.
If you are considering perusing Baltimore auto sales for the best coupe or sedan models currently available, pay us a visit here at Exclusive Motorcars MD to have a look at our inventory of great models with both body styles.